Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Jack Buchanan -- Benny and the Gas Jets

The 6 foot, 4 inch contortionist was booked at the Cat and Fiddle at 1345 Central Avenue in Cincinnati, Ohio, when he committed suicide in his apartment next door to the nightclub on July 25, 1941.  After Buchanan, 24, failed to appear for his show, the club's owner called and found the contortionist with his head covered in a blanket draped over an open gas range in the owner read:  "Benny, I tried the bath tub, but it wouldn't work.  Maybe I'll have better luck with the gas."  In a separate note, Buchanan asked God's forgiveness for his act.

2 comments:

  1. Jack Buchanan must have been a class act before he died. But hey, wait a minute, why's he calling me? Oh, I get it. Jack Benny. His last name is Buchanan. My name is Benny. Sorry pal, I don't know ya. And I don't got no jets. I got an airport though. It's near my house. Rest in peace, Jack.

    ReplyDelete